Tuesday, February 27, 2007

~*Trials and the Lord's help*~

Here is a quote and some verses that I think are a great help.


The Great Exchange

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously without reproach, and it will be given to him.




James 1:2-5

-NAS-



Blessed is a man who preserves under trial; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.




James 1:12

-NAS-


In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials.



1 Peter 1:6

-NAS-


And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;



Romans 8:26

-NAS-


And He said to me, " My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.



2 Corinthians 12:9

-NAS-


Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.



2 Corinthians 12:10

-NAS-


For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.



Hebrews 4:15

-NAS-


The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.




Psalm 18:2

-NAS-


Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.



Isaiah 55:6

-NAS-

1 comment:

Kat said...

Such beautiful verses, Leah. Thinking on them as you read brings such comfort, doesn't it? Glory be to the Father for seeing fit to bestow His sustaining grace on poor little creatures like ourselves. He richly gives us all joy and comfort in His all-satisfying Self. I am so thankful!