Saturday, July 14, 2007

-Pizza Recipe-

You all might remember when I posted about making my homemade pizza and bread sticks? Well here is the recipe.


Pizza Crust

2 ½ to 3 cups all purpose or bread flour
1 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt.
1 package regular or quick active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 cup very warm water


In large bowl, mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast. Add oil and warm water. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves sides of bowl. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes. Continue as directed below for thin crusts or thick crusts.


For Thin Crusts: Heat oven to 425°. Grease 2 cookie sheets or 12-inch pizza pans with oil. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 12-inch circle on cookie sheets. Partially bake 7 to 8 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Add toppings and back as directed.

For Thick Crust: Grease two 8-inch square pans or 9-inch round pans with oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide dough in half. Pat each half in bottom of pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 375°. Partially bake 20 to 22 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Add toppings and bake as directed.

Bake thin-crust pizzas at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes, thick crust pizzas at 375° about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


On my pizza I like to spread a pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce on the crust. Then I put mozzarella cheese on top of that, then pepperonis or whatever I have handy. Green peppers are really good too. Then I sprinkle some cheese and pizza seasoning on the top.


P.S.

(I usually double the recipe so I can make 2 pizzas and bread sticks. And I also put half regular flour and half wheat flour. It makes it taste really yummy.)


For the bread sticks I just make a regular recipe of Pizza Crust and spread it out onto a 17x11x1 pan (A jelly roll pan). Then in a bowl I take a half a stick of softened butter, some oregano, a spoonful of minced garlic and garlic salt. I then mix it together and spread it onto my pizza crust and let it raise. Before I stick it in the oven at 425°, I sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on the top and bake for 10-12 minutes or until it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and the cheese looks melted.

No comments: