Thursday, February 15, 2007

Some quotes that I really like

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so
Much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

-St. Francis of Assisi, from Extreme Devotion, pg 14-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I asked for strength--
and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom--
and God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity--
and God gave me brain and brawn to work.

I asked for courage--
and God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for love--
and God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted--
I received everything I needed.

My prayer has been answered.

-From the family of Michael Job, an Indian Christian Medical Student who was killed in June of 1999 because of his father's evangelistic activities.-
-from Extreme Devotion, pg 273-

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow. Amen. Convicting and inspiring these quotes are! Thank you so much for posting them...we really need to be thinking about how we are to live our lives. Each day. Deliberately. For Christ alone.
Thank you sista.

Anonymous said...

I love these quotes! They really make you think! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!!