Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Prayer for Purity

My Prayer for Purity

Lord...

I give You all the desires of my heart--
may You bring them into line with
Your perfect will.

I give You my mind--
may it be filled with thoughts that could be brought
into Your holy presence.

I give You my mouth--
may I speak only that which honors You,
encouraging others, and reveals a pure heart.

I give you my body--
may I keep my body pure so that it is
a holy and honorable vessel, fit for Your use.

I give You my friendships with young men--
may I set my heart on purity.
May You have authority over all my passions.

I give myself afresh to You--

Take my life and let it be
ever, always, pure for Thee.



-Elizabeth George-
-from
A Young Woman After God's Own Heart , pg 204-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this quote, Sista. Thanks for posting it! What a reminder that we need to give Christ all that we are and have.

Anonymous said...

I found this to be a really encouraging prayer. I especially liked how the author emphasized giving ourselves COMPLETELY to Christ--our minds, our hearts, our thoughts, and even our bodily actions. It makes me think about how the Bible talks about if a certain part of your body is causing you to sin then you should be rid of it-better to be w/o that body part then to be ensnared in sin (that was horribly paraphased). Would we give up our eye, for example, to Christ if it was causing us to sin? Would we willingly pluck it out to be more like Christ and to bring honor and glory to the Father? ... very thought provoking