Tuesday, January 13, 2009

please...give me Jesus...

when I've got a headache that hurts so much that even getting hit by a train wouldn't hurt as much....

when I wake up to my covers being thrown off me and icy fingers tickling my toes...

when a member comes in and acts like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

when I wake up late and I'm too tired to do anything since I overslept because I stayed up too late the night before ...

when one of my siblings mopes around the house and almost bites my head off...

when I don't want to submit to my parents...

when I don't feel love for anyone...

when I've got what seems like a millions things on my to do list...

when I've got a piano song that I despise...

when I feel totally incomplete...

when I desire to be married...

when I feel like my love for my precious Jesus is slowly fading away...

when I put off reading my Bible because I've got "other" things to do...

when my alarm clock goes off in the morning and I shut it off telling myself that I'll get up in 5 minutes knowing that I won't...

when I think it would just be easier to cut all of my hair off then try and deal with it...

when my school doesn't make any sense and just seems like a bunch of words mixed together...

when I'm self centered enough to write a post all about me and my problems...

when I know that the only way that I can have real and true joy is through Christ alone...

when there is something that I want to load on my computer but it takes forever and doesn't...

when I base all that I do on feelings instead of what I know is true...



Give Me JESUS!!

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus

When I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus



6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Leah, I totally 100% understand how you feel. You worded it very accurately to myself! :-P (Headaches, siblings, school...) And my heart's cry is the same as yours...
GIVE ME JESUS!
What is life without Him?

Kat said...

I love that song!

SisterlyLove said...

That is one of my favorite songs. I love playing it on the piano. So lovely. He really does make everything new and worth it! Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for all the comments on our blog! We really need to update more. :)

Genevieve

Anonymous said...

(I stumbled across your blog from Katya's- and just wanted to leave a note to hopefully encourage you...)

Such a sweet post- and beautiful song! I love the way his music always ministers to the soul!

I prayed the Lord would help you through this rough time- and that He would reveal Himself to you in a special way :) And I'm glad that you posted what you did. Being open about struggles is something that I'm not very good at! But I know that there is a time to share- and that it is a blessing to be able to share one anothers burdens- even if all I can do is leave a post and send up a prayer :)

Leah said...

Danielle-
Thank you SO much! It did encourage me very much to hear that. I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have posted about it. Maybe I was just being way to self centered. You don't even know how much your comment helped me today! I love the way that God works in other peoples lives to do things that are maybe just ordinary things but end up meaning SO much to me. I thank and praise the Lord for your prayers toward me. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad that I listened to the Lord's promptings and posted when I did! :)