Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An odd name for a church right? Well that's what I thought. The first time I saw it I didn't stop to think that the M.E. actually stood for something else, I just thought it was the "First me church." Yea, that's my blond side coming out there. But when you really think about it a lot of churches are really just that. It's all about the people. It's all about what makes "me" feel good. It's about what I want and what I can get out of it. How wrong is that?! Going to church is NOT about "me". It's about GOD! It's about bringing glory to the One that is absolutely deserving of it. It's about digging into His Word and learning more about Him. It's about being with fellow Christians and encouraging them in the way of God. And that's only a few of the things. The list goes on and on, but "It's about me" is not on that list. Is what I'm trying to say making any sense? Please, leave a comment and let me know what your thoughts are on this subject. I'd love to hear.


Just a quick side note... It got up to 97 degrees yesterday (19th) and last Sunday morning (17th) it was 33 degrees. Just another reason why I love Minnesota! :P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We live near Pepin and every year we go to Laura Ingalls Wilder Days. It would be so fun to go to Walnut Grove.

emma and kaydee

Paula said...

Dear Leah,

What a funny (the bit about your pretty blonde hair. I would have thought the same thing, and I am not blonde), and wonderful post! I totally agree with all you wrote. We are to glorify the Lord Jesus and encourage others. Everything you wrote made perfect sense!

Thank you for your sweet comment. I am so glad your lilacs are blooming! I would love to take you boating. If you ever come down here to Louisiana, you will be most welcome.

I go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. I love it there! You live in a beautiful state!

Love, Paula

Jason Hunsicker said...

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. My Mom used to tell me this accrosstic for JOY. To have true Joy in life we must have our life in this order.

Jesus
Others
You

Put Jesus first, than others, and put yourself last. That church definitely has it backwards when they feel the need to put themselves first.

We need to think about ourselves last not first!

Wow, that's a crazy temperature change. We used to get crazy temperature changes like that in Ohio too. I would have to wear my jacket to school in the morning, and in the afternoon, I would be wanting to put on shorts because it was so hot. Ah the memories!