Friday, May 8, 2009

Mushroom

I've had a chance, these last couple of days, to take some pictures and I wanted to share them with you. But I don't want to be continually posting just pictures, so I will be sharing some of my favorite hymns with them so as not to bore you all to tears with my photography. :)


Are You Weary, Heavy Laden?

Are you weary, heavy laden, are you sore distressed?
"Come to me," says One, "and, coming be at rest."

Has he marks to lead me to him, if he be my guide?
"In his feet and hands are wound-prints, and his side."

Is there diadem as monarch, that his brow adorns?
"Yes, a crown, in very surety, but of thorns."

If I find him, if I follow, what my portion here?
"Many a sorrow, many a labor, many a tear."

If I still hold closely to him, what has he at last?
"Sorrow vanquished, labor ended, Jordan passed."

If I ask him to receive me, will he tell me nay?
"Not till earth and not till heaven pass away."

Finding, following, keeping, struggling, is he sure to bless?
"Saints, apostles, prophets, martyrs answer, 'Yes'."

-John Mason Neale 1862-

1 comment:

fiddleforever_bga said...

What an awesome hymn! I've never heard it before; thank you for posting it. I also love the pictures; the mushrooms are so cute!:D

Bethany