Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sewing Update

Yesterday I worked all morning on sewing Ana's skirts, I don't have pictures of them right now because she's not home to model them for me. Sorry! They'll have to wait for another post I guess. :) But I did finish my corduroy jumper that I had originally wanted to make and I had originally gone to get material for, and the other material just kinda hopped into my arms on the way through the store. Funny how that happens hu? So here are the pictures of my black jumper and the buttons that I chose for the other jumpers that I'm making. I'm so excited!! Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on them yet today, hopefully tonight I will get a chance to.


Front
Hmm, what a face. Sorry for the half smile there! I had just finished school and my brain was fried and so I was to lazy to actually put on a full smile. :)

Back

Buttons


Future Jumpers
This one will be a jumper like the one above only it will only come to about mid-calf.
The material reminds me of Fraulein Maria from The Sound of Music. I love it! :)


This one will be like my GREY JUMPER but it will come to about mid-calf.


Well, until more sewing is done. Sew long!

8 comments:

Jaime said...

Leah, you have a lovely blog. I am glad you left a comment for me. I hope you visit often. I enjoyed the pictures of the sky in your blog. We both have that in common. I also take joy in looking up all the time. Take care. Loving Thoughts ... Jaime

Jeannetta said...

I love the length of this, would you mind sharing the pattern number?
I'm impressed with your sewing skills, I'm really a moderate beginner.

Amanda said...

The jumper looks nice! =)

Leah said...

Jeannetta-
It's actually not a real pattern like from the store. It's something that I sorta made up using pieces from varies patterns. Um...it's really quite easy though. I just used the bodice view A from the simplicity #9830. Then I cut a piece of fabric that was 43Lx38W. I then gathered the waist and sewed it together and added buttons.

If you want me to write out exactly what I did I can e-mail it to you. That might be better. :)

Unknown said...

That's a really nice jumper. I wish I could do that. I am learning but it is coming slow. I think the fact that I have 5 little girls all in a row has inspired me to learn. Thank you so much for wishing me happy birthday. I really appreciate it.

Melanie said...

Oh, the dress you make with the flower fabric and blue buttons is going to be absolutely ADORABLE!!!! You're doing a great job. Keep it up!
I've been sewing too! I just learned a new skill called flat-felled seams... have you done them? It was hard to understand at first but now that I understand it, it's really fun. :-)

Leah said...

Melanie-
No, I have never done a flat-felled seam. I looked it up and it makes sense, very interesting. :)

Leah said...

Jeannetta-
The instructions that I gave you before(above) aren't right. I'm sorry! If you follow them you will get my grey jumper. For the black jumper I actually traced a different jumper that I already had, but I used the neckline of the grey jumper. Other than that they're the same. Just the tops are different. It's confusing. I know!! :)