Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

This morning I awoke, I'm not telling you what time :), to sunshine and robins singing their little hearts out. I had left my window open just a smidgen, I've been getting sick of that stale wintry bedroom smell, and to my EXTREME pleasure awake to a chorus of "Good morning Leah!" You didn't know that the birds know my name did you? :) My Father in Heaven is so good to me. He gives me such pleasure in the smallest things, He knows what gives me delight. What a wonderful loving Father! :)


I also awoke to find that I had lost a sock during the course of the night. Now this is not uncommon, it happens quite regularly. Actually one morning I found I had lost a sock and discovered it by my head! Hm... an odd place for a sock. But this morning I lost it and I looked all over my bed for it and it was no where to be found. I'll probably find it next time I change my bed sheets. I don't know why I find it comical, but I do. So I did what any other normal bloggy person would do. I blogged about it of course! :) Okay, now that I have officially weirded you all out by telling you about my adventurous sock I'm going to jot a little thing that has been wondering around in my noggin. Quite odd though I must warn you....

Two little feet slipped into bed after being massagerized, lotionized, and sockerized,
they cuddled way down in the sheets, quite happy to be finally put to bed,
and after a great deal of wandering and sneaking they finally fell asleep,
but I'm afraid sometime during the night a frightful thing did occur
for in the process of bobbing and searching the most awful thing did happen,
one of the lotiony little white socks somehow did slip off,
and all through the night that poor little foot did shiver, and shake,
all lonesome without its little white sock, slept not even a wink that poor little thing,
while the other sock, quite warm to the toes, noticed not the dilemma over yonder,
it slept on and on through the night hours unaware of the tragedy of the other,
but when morning did dawn and out came those feet,
out out they came from beneath the mound and blinked and winked at me,
one appeared quite sad all bare and pink and the other just looked at me,
I looked to and fro and fro and to for that little white sock I did,
but alas it was for waste for I found it not,
whatever happened to that little white sock in the course of the night,
well your guess is as good as mine,
but I've resolved to let it be for it's probably happier just to be free,
for there is a certain pleasure in hiding and not being found,
but someday I shall find that little white sock of mine,
and I shall put it back together with its friend again.


(I don't know if that's officially considered "poetry" but whatever it is I enjoy writing it.)

Oh! I was almost forgetting, it rained!! Yes, a wonderful steady March rain. I wish I could have captured it all up for you, the distinct fresh smell, the pitter patter of the the rain, the cool rush of the wind. But alas it cannot be done!! The best I could do is take a video. I know that it just looks like the black screen of death but I assure you that if you turn up the volume you should be able to hear the rain.



We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks!
For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near.

Psalm 75:1

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, Leah, that was just tooooooooo funny!!! :-D I loose my socks too. :-P
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! :-D
P.S. I love that about the birds! :-)

Amanda said...

What a delightful story about the little white sock! =P