Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's not a mistake

~Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.~
Romans 13:1


I've been thinking about the election a lot lately. Whats going to happen now that Bararck Obama is president. What will happen to our Church? Our family? The economy?
But what I've been forgetting to remember (does that make sense?) is that GOD is in control of EVERYTHING! Even the election of a president. Obama isn't a mistake. He's EXACTLY who God wants in office right now. It may seem like a mistake to us, but it's not. I don't understand God's reason for it but I do know that he is EXACTLY who should be there right now. So I've got to submit and let God... let me rephrase that... submit and accept that God is in control of things.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Exactly-- thank you for sharing that! The Lord has been showing me the very same thing. I can't be kicking and screaming because Obama is our president, because it's not like God doesn't know what He's doing-- cuz He does! Far more than we do. And God's ways are not our ways-- but "as the heavens are high above the earth, so are His ways higher than our ways, and His thoughts than our thoughts."
Hugs to you Leah! :-D

Amanda said...

Right, Leah! Thanks for that reminder!

I am planning to invite you to my blog as soon as Melanie gives me your address...I keep forgetting to ask her for it...=P

Paula said...

Oh Leah, This is so true and so beautifully written. I totally agree with you and feel the same way. God is sovereign and we can trust Him in all things, even when it is difficult to understand. We did not want Obama for president, but God has a reason and a purpose for it. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! Isn't it wonderful what peace floods our souls when we trust in the Lord and rest in Him? Something I am learning to do each day!
Love, Paula