Friday, April 17, 2009

Dough Snatcher

I walked down the hall wall into the dimly lit kitchen. The smell of freshly baked cookies filled the air. I looked around for the source of the smell but there was not a cookie in site. Only empty cookie baking sheets still slightly warm.
"Ach...where did she hide them?" I muttered.
I searched in the freezer looking for a container possibly holding cookies. Nothing. I walked into the living room and found Dad looking quite content on the couch.
"Dad, what happened to all of the cookies?"
"I don't know."
Then it hit me. If I couldn't find any on the counter tops then she must have just made part of a batch. YES!
I ran to the fridge and opened it and low and behold there it was, the cookie batter. Jackpot.
I took it out and looked at it. It looked SO good. All of the little chocolate chips were just screaming for me to eat them. I stopped. I was gonna have to take pictures of this for my blog. Who wouldn't want to see all that sugar deliciousness? So I scuffled over to the drawer and got my camera out. But while I was getting my battery put back in who would walk up the steps? Yes. Ana. Great, now I wasn't going to get ANY. I tried to go faster but my camera got caught on some cords from the drawer.
"Leah... don't!" She yelled as she ascended the steps. Err.....am I that predictable?
"Please don't eat any of that. I just tied it so that it would stay sealed because I couldn't find any rubber bands." She pleaded.
Ach... how was I going to resist that face?
"I can be really careful and I can retie it when I'm done. Plus, there are no nuts in it. Mom always puts nuts in it when she makes hers." I tried to sound positive.
"Fine. But you have to make sure it gets sealed again." She walked off.
Um...that was almost easy. I should try this more often.
I walked over and took a picture of the dough. I took off the string and cling wrap and looked at it. All I could think was yum. I opened one of our drawers and took out a spoon. I stuck it in the dough and took out a spoonful. I opened my mouth and filled it with cookie dough. It was SO yummy! The chocolate chips melted in my mouth. I licked off the spoon and put it in the sink. I had succeeded, yes. I put the cling wrap back on the bowl and with a bit of difficulty I got the string back on. Oh yea, score! I returned the bowl to the fridge and went and sat on the couch with Dad. Victorious at last.

7 comments:

N said...

Ah, you're so funny! :D

Unknown said...

Sounds like an event that happens around here ALL the time. Sometimes the cookies don't even make it to the oven so we don't have to worry about finding warm cookie sheets lying around!! Have a blessed day.

SisterlyLove said...

Ha ha! Funny. Love cookie dough!!

Genevieve

Sara said...

Lol, sounds delicious! :) Great picture, captures that amazing yumminess!

Margaret Dashwood said...

Hehe!! That kinda thing happens here too...I don't know how anyone can resist yummy cookie dough!!!:P-Bethany

Amanda said...

Congratulations! =) Problem with reading that right now is, I 'm hungry...which means, maybe I should make some cookies...

SisterlyLove said...

HEE HEE! I love it! I Love to eat cookie dough! Its heavenly goodness.... *sigh*

Aimee