Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here it comes!! :D

MY FATHER, SO OFTEN I get weighed down under the demands of my own life. Sometimes I see little purpose in the endless repetition of little duties. Jobs done today, that need doing again tomorrow...
What is it, in the daily work you have given me to do, that is of eternal value to you?
Lift my sights, Lord. Let me see today, and each duty in this day, as you see it.


I Come Quietly to Meet You by Amy Carmichael pg. 35

The Lord has blessed us with another year, and Lord willing another one to come. As you go about your New Years Day think about the year that you had...what did the Lord teach you? How have you grown? I know it takes a little time...but try. You might think that you haven't grown at all. But look deep...and I think that you will find that you have. Only by GOD'S grace though. Not of yourself. Which is really the amazing thing about it! If we were left to make ourselves grow in the Lord I think... no I KNOW... that we would all fail. I am so very thankful that I don't have to depend on myself for growth. He will grant it when the time is right. :) Look to Him.

So, as the New Year comes along I challenge you with this quote :

What is it, in the daily work you have given me to do, that is of eternal value to you?
Lift my sights, Lord. Let me see today, and each duty in this day, as you see it.


And I think that I would add to that... Let us see each day, each month, and each year what You see in it. When you look back on 2009, look at it through God's eyes. Don't focus on what you have accomplished but what God has accomplished in and through you...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

AMEN! This was a beautiful post, Leah.

I had such a wonderful time the last few days thinking over all the Lord has taught me this year. He always always proved Himself faithful and good! I wrote about it on Complete in Thee.

Have a wonderful new year, dearest Leah!! <3

Amanda said...

Amen! Happy New Year!